The Fire Department’s Mission is to provide quality services to the citizens and visitors of our Community. Each member shares the commitment to insure the safety of people and the protection of property. To accomplish this mission we will interact with each other, every individual, and our neighbors with dignity and respect. Teamwork is the key to our success. Education and prevention will be key in our service delivery.
We will strive to be a leading Volunteer Emergency Services Organization by:
- Meeting the needs of our Community in Fire Prevention, Fire Suppression and Rescue.
- Utilizing and Improving the dedication and skills of our people.
- Continually improving all of our services and operations.
In carrying out this Mission, the Mount Desert Fire Department will:
- Make Firefighter Safety a priority.
- Encourage the professional and personal development of our members.
- Work in teams to take full advantage of our skills, knowledge and creativity.
- Communicate openly and honestly to our Members and Community to inspire trust and confidence.