TOWN OF MOUNT DESERT SPRING CLEAN UP
April 19-23, 2021
**Spring clean-up coincides with school vacation EVERY YEAR. This year it will be April 19th through the 23rd, 2021. There will be only ONE pick-up of your items, so please have them out by 7:00 A.M on Monday April 19, 2021.
Please note that your regular household trash will be collected on your regular pick-up day.
Following is the schedule for the week. It is flexible and will vary depending upon on the volume of trash that is set out to be collected. Due to cost and time constraints, we are not able to backtrack so please pay particular attention to the schedule. There will be only one pick-up per residence.
Monday: We will start in Northeast Harbor.
Tuesday: We will start at the intersection of Routes 3 (Peabody Drive) & 198 (Sound Drive) and work towards Seal Harbor.
Wednesday: We will start in Otter Creek and work back towards Seal Harbor.
Thursday: We will start on Route 198 (Sound Drive) and work towards and into Somesville.
Friday: We will collect from the general area including Hall Quarry, Pretty Marsh and Beech Hill areas.
- One truck will collect materials that include small amounts of asphalt shingles, tarpaper, sheet rock, insulation, plastic bags, and other non-wood materials. Amounts are limited to approximately the size of a pick-up truckload, 8' X 6' X 3.5', approximately six (6) cubic yards.
- Another truck will collect a maximum of four tires per residence without rims (the rubber only) and metal appliances such as stoves, freezers, refrigerators, washing machines, and dryers. The doors must be completely removed from freezers and refrigerators. If they are not, they will not be picked up.
- Another truck will collect burnable wood waste such as brush and tree limbs and a separate truck will collect lumber and other wooden materials. To be collected, all wood waste must be less than four-feet in length and less than six-inches in diameter. Amounts are limited to approximately the size of a pick-up truckload, 8' X 6' X 3.5', approximately six (6) cubic yards. Stumps will not be collected.
- Engine blocks and vehicle motors with bases removed will be collected. They must be free of all fluids.
- Another truck will collect bags of leaves on April 26, 2021.
- All materials must be in suitable containers or bundles able to be handled by one person.
- Materials that will not be collected include batteries of any kind, boats, hazardous waste (petroleum products, antifreeze, etc.), universal waste (TV's, computer components, etc.).
The onsite supervisor will determine what is acceptable and what is not. That person will also determine acceptable load sizes. If you have any questions please call 276-5743, 276-5744 or 276-5531. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.